This year’s Science Festival is unique and different from previous years, so to help you get the most from your Festival experience we’ve put together some FAQ’s
You can take part in this year’s Science Festival in a number of different ways:
- Buy tickets to attend live events in Cheltenham. Click here for details
- View our free live stream of events. To do so please register here
- Register for our #CheltSciFest Player for £15 and you can watch all the events until 14 September 2021. Please note that events will be available on the #CheltSciFest Player 48 hours after the live events has taken place.
You will need to register on the digital hub to watch the free live stream.
Please note your registration to our digital hub is separate from your Cheltenham Festivals Account which you use to purchase tickets for physical events. As such your usual Cheltenham Festivals Account log in details will not work on the hub.
You can set up a reminder for specific livestream events which catch your eye when browsing the What’s On page of our digital hub. You can:
- Bookmark the event – this adds the event to your account so you can see a list of your bookmarked events
- Add a calendar reminder – this works for Google, Outlook, iCal calendar
- Request an email reminder – which will be sent to you 24 hours before the event goes live
All emails are sent to the email address you gave when registering for an account on our Digital Hub. Please check that this email address is correct. If it is then it is worth checking your junk or spam folder.
You can see all the events you have set a reminder for by logging into your Cheltenham Festivals Digital Hub Account. In here you will see a section called My Saved Events which shows details of all the events you have bookmarked.
If you are watching the live stream you can post your questions to the speakers through the live chat.
If you are in the live socially distanced audience at the event you will be given guidance on how to submit your questions before the event begins.
Here are some general trouble shooting ideas you can try if you are having difficulties viewing our live-streamed events.
All our events are streamed in HD so require a good internet connection. If you’re having streaming issues you can try a few things.
- Ask other users in your home to stop using the internet while you watch the livestream.
- We recommend using Google Chrome browser if possible.
- Try refreshing your page.
As everybody has different settings on their laptop, computers, digital TVs and mobile devices we advise you to also refer you to user manual for instructions specific to device.
Although our events run through an internet browser it may enhance your experience if you plug your computer into a larger television screen with an HDMI cable or wirelessly with a suitable device.
If your TV/Computer has casting capabilities you may be able to cast your browser screen to theTV.
To find out which of our live streamed events are being captioned please visit the What’s On grid and use the Live Captions filter.
All our event start times are shown in BST (British Summer Time) to find out what time an event begins in your time zone you might find this converter useful http://www.timebie.com/timelocal/britishsummer.php
Alternatively, if you have subscribed to the #CheltSciFest Player you can watch on demand at a time suitable to you. Our events are available on #CheltSciFest Player 48 hours after they have been live streamed.